Point Broadband customers may qualify to save on their internet bills or connect for free through a new federal program.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides discounts on monthly internet bills to qualifying individuals to help purchase high-speed broadband internet service.
Established by Congress in 2021, the ACP is a now-permanent program, replacing a similar, but temporary program launched during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, then known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program.
Participation in the program is based on financial need, and here are several ways to qualify for the ACP’s benefits. If you qualify, enrollment is simple and once completed, your discount will be automatically applied to your monthly broadband internet service bill.
The ACP’s Benefits
Participants in the ACP can receive up to $30 per month for broadband service. That discount is a significant chunk of the typical broadband monthly service cost and can put high-speed internet access within reach for many people.
Best of all, the discount comes right off your bill each month—no rebates or other action is required by you. The discount is limited to one monthly service bill per household.
Qualifications to Participate in the ACP
The ACP’s benefits are available based on financial need. There are several ways to qualify for the program:
- Your income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- You already qualify for and participate in programs likeMedicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition AssistanceProgram (SNAP, commonly called Food Stamps), Federal Public Housing Assistance,SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- You already receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program;
- You received a Federal Pell Grant (for higher education)during the current award year.
How to Enroll in the ACP
Enrollment is simple. Visit https://www.point-broadband.com/acp and follow the steps to complete and submit an application.
- Apply online on the ACP website or, if you prefer, print out and mail the completed application.
- Once approved, you’ll need to select an internet plan if you’re not already a Point Broadband customer.
- Claim your credit through our website form at https://www.point-broadband.com/acp.